I know we all have been going through some rough times – someone on Reddit even made a GIF out of it. Nowadays, more than ever, is true that it is useless to watch the price tickers. Do not let the FUD that is being spread around to cloud your judgement. Instead, let’s focus on the developments that truly matters!
– Chances are that next time you travel to the US you will have to declare your crypto holdings, because regulations
– A lot has been written about the recent statements of the Indian authorities, as it turns out, the complete ban of crypto does not seem to be on the agenda
– Similarly, it won’t so bad with crypto in South Korea
– There was a really cool conference in Sydney just few days ago, the audience had a chance to hear a great talk
on the future technological directions in Bitcoin, by Blockstream’s Rusty Russel.
– Amongst others, he talked about Bitcoin Merklized Abstract Syntax Tree
– one of the next big things in BTC protocol.
– Also, the amount of Lightning nodes
is rising! Is it the Bitcoin’s killer app
? If you want to play around with it — here is the list of Lightning Network wallets
– These are probably the best infographics
on LN out there.
– Check out what Nassim Nicholas Taleb thinks of Bitcoin
– A cool new feature by Samourai wallet – now you can send BTC via SMS
– Qtum, by many considered one of the most prominent competition to Ethereum, just launched the first altcoin full node
– As you may have heard, the 2nd largest crypto hack
in the history occurred on Friday, Jan 26. Japanese authorities started to investigate Coincheck
– One of the DAA managers, at Iconomi, shared his views
on the current market situation.
– Vertcoin, has getting increasingly more traction, check out their most recent development update
– Nice discussion
on understanding of the tokens from a16z. This piece
on value, velocity and monetary theory is helpful too.
– Augur, one of the more prominent projects in the crypto space, has published its new White Paper
– There is also a new stable coin
– TrueUSD -on the block!
– Many people are interested in mining – Freedomnode made a nice guide
– VeChain released the first ever Disastery Recovery Plan
! Moreover, they did so in cooperation with PwC.
– There was an interesting panel
on crypto bubble in Davos- Check it out and find out for yourself.
– David Drake of LDJ Capital spoke on Bitcoinist
about his views on current price downtrend and ICOs
– If you plan to do an ICO, this article
might be useful for you as it collects data from ICOs from different countries.
– Also, some other experts shared their secrets
to successful ICOs.
– Facebook has decided to ban ICO and cryptocurrency
ads because of deceptive promotional practices. One might just wonder when will they ban politicians’ campaign ads.
I will be always happy to read your feedback, and suggestions on possible topics to include to the newsletter. If you would like to share some with me, please do so at email@example.com.
In case you want to show me some crypto love: